Objective: Provide attendees with the skills to recognize and protect against the dangers of encountering current synthetic street drugs and illicit hazardous environments (IHEs)
Target Personnel: All first responders (law enforcement, EMS, fire) and other personnel who encounter known and unknown synthetic drugs or IHEs (clandestine laboratories and cannabis cultivations)
Overview: This course identifies the physical and chemical hazards associated with current synthetic drugs and IHEs that are being encountered by first responders and how to safely handle them until arrival of specialized response teams.
- Classes of drugs
- IHE types & history
- Clan lab hazards
- Methamphetamine manufacturing processes
- Cannabis cultivation hazards
- BHO/THC resin extractions
- Fentanyl & fentanyl analogs: PPE, field testing (color tests, FTIR, RAMAN, instrument limitations), handling protocols, treatment of exposures (use of naloxone)
- Substituted cathinones
- Synthetic cannabinoids
- Synthesis of explosives & toxics
- Chemical suicides
Associated Resource: Clandestine Laboratory First Responder field guide (Yellow Book)
NOTE: This program is currently only offered in client-specific on-site format (at our clients' locations).